Teresa Beamon started her profession career as a LVN and furthered her education to obtain BSN, MSN ed and DNP from the University of Mary Hardin Baylor University. She has been employed with Baylor Scott and White Memorial Hospital in Temple, Texas for 36 years. She has vast nursing experiences as a medical surgical staff nurse, specializing in trauma, general surgery and palliative care nursing. She has worked in leadership roles as a nurse manager, hospital supervisor, director, clinical nurse educator and director of Case Management. She currently is employed at Baylor Scott and White Hospital as Director of Palliative/Hospice unit and Surgery Trauma unit. She continues mentoring nursing students as an adjunct , Assistant Professor at University of Mary Hardin-Baylor.
She is married to Pastor Robert Beamon. They both lead the congregation at A New Day Fellowship church in Temple, Texas. They have been in ministry for 19 years. She is involved in the ministry with her husband where they lead the congregation on the East side of Temple. They are involved in numerous community initiatives. They have two daughters, Keverly and Kayla residing in Houston, Texas.
Education and Degrees earned in Nursing:
- Licensed Vocational Nurse Temple College. 1982
- Associate Degree Nursing as a Registered nurse from McLennan Community College. 1989
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. 2006
- Master of Science in Nursing Education from University of Mary Hardin-Baylor 2011
- Doctor of Nursing Practice from University of Mary Hardin-Baylor July 2018.
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.