Qualifying Documentation For Prekindergarten
When registering it is important that you have all documents ready to upload for verification.
Documentation Required for Student Registration and Document Review
Identification documentation includes the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Current original utility bill (not a telephone bill);
- The parent/guardian’s acceptable photo ID* that matches the address listed on the utility bill;
- A copy of the student’s Social Security card;
- Student’s current immunization records; Your child’s immunizations must be current in order to complete your child’s registration and place them in a class.
Acceptable photo ID must be current and valid, and may include any of the following:
- State issued driver’s license
- Texas ID
- Passport with current address
- Military or government-issued ID
- Consular card
Non-Acceptable Photo ID includes but may not be limited to the following:
- A membership card such as Sam’s Club or other similar cards
- A debit/credit card with a photo, etc.
If you will be applying for the Federal Free and Reduced Price Lunch program please note:
Registering for Prekindergarten does not automatically enroll your family in the lunch program. You will need to fill out the application for the lunch program beginning in August, before school begins. The campus verify income for Prekindergarten enrollment but does not approve lunch applications. Applications for the lunch program must be completed and approved by NISD Food Services.